Decorating & Furniture/coordinate kitchen cabinet color with wood floor

We are building a new house.  We have already purchased brazilian cherry wood for the main living spaces, including the kitchen.  What do you recommend for kitchen cabinet wood finish?  We are leaning towards a medium cherry cabinet but not sure if that will be too much cherry.  The wood flooring has quite a bit of color variation from plank to plank

Dear Elaine,
   I agree I think that it might be too much cherry. I would choose a light finish for the cabinetry. I think it needs more of a contrast. Something similar to these images.

Here are other links that have some great examples of what it would look like with the brazilian cherry flooring.

Hope this helps.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book