Decorating & Furniture/country decorating

pls help me with my problem.i have a floral design wallpaper in pastel blue,yellow and green.prints are medium size flowers with leaves.iwant my living room to look country style. and would like to buy a braided rug,but my coffee table is the oversize book leather top design dark brown in color.i can buy a surefit cover for the carpet is beige.should the braided rug match the wallpaper or the coffee table.what color is good for the rug.more of burgundy or navy or dark green or more on the lighter shades.pls help.

Opt for a braided rug - either room sized or large oval (or round) and go with the darker colors rather than the lighter tones.  Don't add a lot of "distinct" pattern in the rug because the walls are so busy with the paper pattern.  Stick to something that looks almost solid when you squint your eyes and look at it.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology