Decorating & Furniture/country decorating

Question
pls help me with my problem.i have a floral design wallpaper in pastel blue,yellow and green.prints are medium size flowers with leaves.iwant my living room to look country style. and would like to buy a braided rug,but my coffee table is the oversize book leather top design dark brown in color.i can buy a surefit cover for the sofa.my carpet is beige.should the braided rug match the wallpaper or the coffee table.what color is good for the rug.more of burgundy or navy or dark green or more on the lighter shades.pls help.

Answer
Opt for a braided rug - either room sized or large oval (or round) and go with the darker colors rather than the lighter tones.  Don't add a lot of "distinct" pattern in the rug because the walls are so busy with the paper pattern.  Stick to something that looks almost solid when you squint your eyes and look at it.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik