Decorating & Furniture/curtains

i am a decorating student. Can you advise me a good website, or just good advice on fabrics for curtains. While i have some fabric sites, i am in particular looking for more information on materials for drapes or curtains, their particular material functions, and uses etc.

Also, is their a distinction between drapes and curtains or are they the same item?

Draperies typically are lined, curtains are not.  Curtains are often sheer and lie underneath draperies on a separate rod.  Fabrics differ based on need for light control, privacy issues etc.  

Visit JoAnn fabrics website ( as well as for more fabric information.  

Any fabric can be used as a window treatment.  Keep up your studies.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology