Decorating & Furniture/decorating

I have been given 2 beautiful, dark colored wicker chairs with ottomans.  They have cushions made out of green,blue and tan very thin stripes.  Is it OK to mix these chairs with western decor, such as pictures with horses, metal Texas stars and cowboys?  Do you know of a website that I can go to, to see different decorating combinations and ideas?

Hello Karen,
There are website galore that shows images of rooms.  Try googling first the style that you're interested in.  Select "image" when you use google in this way.

I think we should all use what we love and what we enjoy in our homes!  If these pieces are comfortable and they'll be used daily...yes, add them.  Bring a bit of the western motif to the new wicker pieces with the choice of accent pillows.

Overall, the room should look cohesive and you can do that with color...add the right choice of pillows and you've made the wicker chairs work!  

Good luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA