Decorating & Furniture/decorating accents

Hi Jenny,
Since being out of school this summer, I have just redone the downstairs of my home (i.e. carpet, refinished floors, paint and purchased new furniture).  Everything looks nice, but it just doesn't WOW you.  I feel that this can be done with accents, but I just don't have the touch to make everything pop.  Can I send you pictures or can you tell me how I can solve this problem?  I have though about getting an interior decorator to walk through but I don't want to get into a huge expense.  Thanks for your help! Lynn

There really is no way to send photos.  What you should consider is seeking the advice of a decorator on an hourly basis OR on a flat fee for service basis.  Call a couple of decorators in your area and ask them if they'll consult with you in that manner.

The key to accessories is to remember that less is more; bigger is better than smaller and every single room in the world should have a piece of something black in it (to anchor the space) even if it's only a candlestick.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology