Decorating & Furniture/decorating a bedroom

Question
My husband & I are building a new home and I need help on decorating our master bedroom.First of all the bedroom is huge.It is broken up with the ceiling seam running through the middle of the room and each section is as big as our spare bedrooms.My style is very contemporary.I would like to use a pale lime green color on the walls also our furniture is a very light wood color.Any help will be appreciated. Thank You

Answer
Since your furniture is light, you might want to create some contrast by darkening the wall color.  Using lime green is fine (if that's what you like) just deepen the shade from pale to medium.  

To that, paint your ceiling in either a muted shade of orange (something more red than yellow) and then carry that color down to the room in accent pillows/a throw/a painting etc.  

Contemporary is sparce, so keep your lines clean and upholstered (for linens and window treatments).  Stay simple.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik