Decorating & Furniture/decorating a bedroom

My husband & I are building a new home and I need help on decorating our master bedroom.First of all the bedroom is huge.It is broken up with the ceiling seam running through the middle of the room and each section is as big as our spare bedrooms.My style is very contemporary.I would like to use a pale lime green color on the walls also our furniture is a very light wood color.Any help will be appreciated. Thank You

Since your furniture is light, you might want to create some contrast by darkening the wall color.  Using lime green is fine (if that's what you like) just deepen the shade from pale to medium.  

To that, paint your ceiling in either a muted shade of orange (something more red than yellow) and then carry that color down to the room in accent pillows/a throw/a painting etc.  

Contemporary is sparce, so keep your lines clean and upholstered (for linens and window treatments).  Stay simple.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology