Decorating & Furniture/decorating entrance with tall walls

Question
Our home has a split level entrance, and we have an open floor plan and are doing a kitchen remodel. Oak cabinets,black counter tops stainless and black appliances, and dark wine colored leather furniture,all this flows together
We would like to put a dark wine color on the walls behind the cabinets as an accent wall, but are having difficulty with the entrance it is 7'x 10' with one stairway going up and one going down and it has about 12' tall ceilings.

Answer
Unless you have a natural starting and stopping place with the 12' wall, you'll need to paint all of it.  Hire a professional to do it if you have a problem reaching those heights (and who wouldn't?) yourself.  

Since you're dealing with a split level entrance, you may want to do only one wall - either the "up" or the "down", but not both.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik