Decorating & Furniture/decorating my living room walls/ceiling

Hello Jenny,
In my living room I have what I describe as a 1/2 catheral type ceiling - in other words, half of it is at an angle. I would like to decorate the entire room, in particular the upper edges of the ceiling. However, I'm at a loss in terms of what would look appropriate w/o being overdone and looking tacky. Got any suggestions?

My suggestion is to make a statement with paint.  Paint the ceiling one color, and the walls another.  Select your favorite color for the walls and either do a lighter shade of that for the ceiling, or use another compatible color.  That will dress up the angle as well as play it up.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology