Decorating & Furniture/decorating with a red sofa

I'm planning to decorate my living room and I always have wanted a bright red sofa and is now or never! But I don't know what colors could I use for the walls, carpet, etc...

I was thinking in white walls, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or how to decorate the rest of the living room.

Can you pleaseeee help me!!

OOooh - I love red too.  Think khaki or taupe for the walls and/or carpet, or consider wood floors (even faux wood is wonderful with cozy area rugs).  White is too stark against the red, but you could opt for a warm yellow wall with the red if you prefer that over khaki.  

Khaki/taupe will be a beautiful backdrop and looks great with red, white, all wood tones and black.

(I'd add some black to the room too.)

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology