Decorating & Furniture/decorating small bedrooms

How can I best decorate a small bedroom (9'11 x 9'11).  There is one window and a wall closet. I have a full size bed. What else can I put in the room without being overcrowded?  What about arrangements?

Thank you

Thanks for writing.

Small spaces are my favorite areas to decorate and design.

I would suggest using an tall chest like cabinet to house not anly a t.v. if need be but I think they are great in place of the typical dresser. Also consider a writing desk. This can make a great intimate space for you to spread out paper work, do homework, or write letters, and it looks classy when it's not in use. Pull up a comfortable slipper chair and put a buffet lamp on each side of the desk to add a classic look.

Also consider end tables (or at least on) on the side of the bed. This is a great area for a lamp and personal pictures and books and I love using large round tables and then getting a wonderful fun fabric to use on it. The round table gets away from the consistant square furnitures and creates a look of more space. If room, or in place of the chest, try a comftorable chair and floor lamp. I love putting them in a corner and the on the corner walls put a set of pictures up the wall. It will create this little "reading nook".

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate