Decorating & Furniture/decorating

Question
Hi, I am moving into a new home that we are building and I need some advice on color. In our dining room we need a color that will go with my hunter green scallops/swags and my red mohogany furniture. It also needs to tie into our great room because the 2 rooms are close in proximity and can see from each room. The great room funiture is blue. I was thinking maybe a mustard like yellow or the taupe family. I am not afraid of color so any suggetion is worth looking at. Also, in my kitchen, which is off the great room has a tile close to a terracotta color to it. and  I was wondering what color would look good in that room The appliances are black and the countertops are a faux marble and as well black. The cupboards are sandlewood. I would like a color that would not only warm it, but also feed into a southwestern feel.This color cannot clash with the greatroom whitch is attached to the kitchen.  

Answer
Dear Tracey,
Sounds like you have a good start. For the dining room I would choose Oat Cake from Behr paint available at Home Depot. www.behr.com This color picks up the red from the mahogany and warms the room. If you decide to change the color of your curtains, this color for the walls will most likely look fine with it. Coincidentally this color looks best in the kitchen as well. If your terra cota color is alot different then the one I used in this web page then I would find a color that is similar to the terra cota color but go lighter and more muted. Please see this website where I have designed your spaces according to what you wrote me.
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor/tracyscolor.html

I hope this will help and if you need further assistant I am more than happy to help.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID