Decorating & Furniture/display rack for china cupboard

this has a total glass surface with mirror back, can you relate more on how you mean to use the quarter round?

Followup To
Question -

we have a new china cupboard and have a few bowls we would like to
display at an angle rather than leaving them sit flat, in the cupboard,
do you know where you can get angled glass bowl display racks, possibly
prefinished wood if not otherwise?
if this is not the right place maybe you can direct me?

Answer -

If you add quarter-round molding to your cupboard, you will be able to angle the pieces and have a perfect viewing.  Check with your local hardware or home improvement store.

Hi again,

Sorry.  I didn't realize it was a glass shelf.  What you'll need to do is either use "easels" (available in all sizes and shapes at your local craft store) or glue the molding to the glass.  If you opt to use the molding, paint it either silver or gold before you install it on the glass surface.  The molding would be 'glued' to the flat surface of the glass, approximately 4-5 inches forward from the back.

PS:  You'll also need to use a two part epoxy glue.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology