Decorating & Furniture/displaying photos

I have a whole slew of family photos to display. My apartment has a staircase leading up sto 2nd floor. I have heard about putting framed pictures on a large fabric ribbon. anysuggestions.

Hello Roberta,
I've seen the fabric ribbon and its pretty...but here's another suggestion:

Why not visit a Michael's or another craft store and take a look at their frameless picture frames.  Some are for numerous photos and others are for single portraits.

This frameless look will keep the stairwell wall less cluttered visually.  The most difficult task is selecting how to place them all.  

Try to anchor the larger photos and be aware that you're telling a story.  Have a beginning to the story so anyone walking up the stairs will read a family history.  

This means, selecting the photos prior to purchasing the aware of each photo and its size in relation to where you'd logically place it in the family photo montage.  Be creative and have fun!

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID  

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA