Decorating & Furniture/Front door color

We bought an old farm house. It is white brick and white vinyl siding.
It has the store-bought black shutters on the windows. I was thinking about grayish, sage green or charcoal for the shutters. I don't know what color to paint the door. Any suggestions? Also, does the window trim need a color?
Thank you. This is a great site!!

I love the idea of sage green!  It's so earthy and environmentally friendly.  If you opt to do that, or the gray, (which is fine, it just isn't as "fun" as the green) then consider painting your front door in either a  cranberry red, or a terra cotta (nutmeg shade).  

The window trim should remain white.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology