Decorating & Furniture/entry hall

Question
i have a long, narrow entry hall.  i have hung two pictures with lights over them on the left wall.  i also have rugs on the floor.  at the end of the hall, there is a small wall area where i have hung a large round oriental plate and have 2 large black cranes standing underneath.  this hall doesn't seem warm and inviting enough.  please help!

thanks,
kathy  

Answer
Kathy

It sounds lovely as far as decorating goes. I'm going out on a short limb here by guessing that you have white walls.  If so, your rich, wonderful decor items are fighting for attention because of too much contrast between the wall color and your wall hangings.

The easiest, most economical way to warm up a space is with a wall color other than white.  Even if you want to be safe and subtle, use a shade of taupe or camel brown.  It will enliven your space, warm it up and enhance your art work.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik