Decorating & Furniture/entry hall

i have a long, narrow entry hall.  i have hung two pictures with lights over them on the left wall.  i also have rugs on the floor.  at the end of the hall, there is a small wall area where i have hung a large round oriental plate and have 2 large black cranes standing underneath.  this hall doesn't seem warm and inviting enough.  please help!

It sounds lovely as far as decorating goes. I'm going out on a short limb here by guessing that you have white walls.  If so, your rich, wonderful decor items are fighting for attention because of too much contrast between the wall color and your wall hangings.

The easiest, most economical way to warm up a space is with a wall color other than white.  Even if you want to be safe and subtle, use a shade of taupe or camel brown.  It will enliven your space, warm it up and enhance your art work.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology