Decorating & Furniture/exterior color help!!!

Question
Hi, we need to replace our roof and decided to do the siding and trim as well.  It is an old victorian frame bungalow in Chicago.  the front has about 3 feet of red brick from the ground up (on the sides its tan).  I am thinking of sage siding with white trim (or would cream be better?) and maybe a light brown roof.  I don't know about colors for the door, porch, columns on the porch, railings and spindles.  Do we need to bring the red in again?

Or would a cream house with sage trim be better with the red brick at the bottom (which is mostly obscured by plantings)?  We currently have a red roof, but we need the lightest possible as it is hard to cool the second floor.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Answer
My advice is sage siding with white trim.  I like the light brown roof as well, and you can accent the red by painting your front door (JUST THE DOOR) in a brownish red (like a rust color).  Keep your porch, columns, railings and spindles in white.

It'll be beautiful.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik