Decorating & Furniture/fabric

Question
I'm an interior design student and i'm only on my second term. I am designing my friends room and we have decided that we want to pick out a fabric of our own and sew it for her duvet cover. I heard that if you buy the fabric it won't be wide enough so there will be a visible seem in the middle. Is this true, and if so how do we get around this. Where do we buy our fabric?

Answer
Dear Lindsay,
     Alot of fabric stores just carry fabric bolt sizes that are around 15" in width. There initially for quilting and other decorative items. If you are able to find an upholstery fabric store this is where you will find larger bolts and thicker fabrics. I work at a furniture store part time and we just got in duvet covers that are made with upholstery fabric and they are beautiful. I hope this helps you out and have fun.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID