Decorating & Furniture/finding old pages of french poetry

Question
I recently moved into a much bigger home and would like to decorate it on a budget.  I like themed but authentic looking designs and would like the home to "flow" together.  I was hoping to start in the hearth kitchen by making it resemble an outside parisian cafe with decorative painting and making my own very large lighted antique wall clock for the living room.  My question is I was hoping for torn peices of old french poetry to be plastered on my family room wall and then bring framed peices into the bathroom off of that room but I don't know where to find pages of old french poetry.  Do you have any ideas?  Also, in my kitchen I would like to antique my cupboards (the colors are black and creme) but my husband thinks that would desperately diminish the value of the home since it's fairly new and mostly light oak throughout the whole house including the foyer.  Is there a way to incorporate both?

Answer
My best guess for french poetry would be vintage book stores, garage sales, flea markets etc.  There is a Waverly fabric available with french writing on a muted taupe background, and that might be a way to cover your walls if all else fails.  

If you know anyone who does calligraphy, you can purchase a book of french poetry, purchase parchment paper and have the poetry copied.

Antiquing your cupboards is something you need to decide based on whether or not you plan to resell your home in the near future.  I probably would work around the cabinetry, carrying through some black and creme in adjoining rooms and making it feel a part of the overall scheme.  

Hope this helps!
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik