Decorating & Furniture/finishing touches

Question
what finishing touches/accessories would you add to a Scandinavian style dining room,with teak storage units and dining table;metal-framed chairs;hessian wallcovering in beige;white venetian blinds;stripped wooden floorboards?

Answer
Window treatments should be substantial and "soft", i.e., fabric draperies (very sleek and tailored).  This is "the" softness in the space, and should frame, rather than cover the windows.  

Candlesticks should be simple, straight lines and either chrome or brushed nickle.  

Keep table toppings to a minimum, save a large but sleek centerpiece of a single type flower in a clear glass vase.  The arrangement can be 3, 5 or even 1 elegant flower, but the flowers should be of the same ilk and color.   You may want to consider white long-stemmed callalillies - either real or silk.

If your walls are white, paint them your favorite neutral color, and keep the trim white.

Jenny

PS:  Let the floors be.  Don't get fussy with rugs.  Keep it simple.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik