Decorating & Furniture/finishing touches

what finishing touches/accessories would you add to a Scandinavian style dining room,with teak storage units and dining table;metal-framed chairs;hessian wallcovering in beige;white venetian blinds;stripped wooden floorboards?

Window treatments should be substantial and "soft", i.e., fabric draperies (very sleek and tailored).  This is "the" softness in the space, and should frame, rather than cover the windows.  

Candlesticks should be simple, straight lines and either chrome or brushed nickle.  

Keep table toppings to a minimum, save a large but sleek centerpiece of a single type flower in a clear glass vase.  The arrangement can be 3, 5 or even 1 elegant flower, but the flowers should be of the same ilk and color.   You may want to consider white long-stemmed callalillies - either real or silk.

If your walls are white, paint them your favorite neutral color, and keep the trim white.

PS:  Let the floors be.  Don't get fussy with rugs.  Keep it simple.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology