Decorating & Furniture/floor covering

Question
3 years ago we put laminate flooring in our living room dining room and hallway leading to the bedrooms. We are very happy with this - looks very nice. Now we want to continue the same flooring in our 3 bedrooms. Currently there is rug - very old and worn. We like the laminate because we have 2 very large dogs. However, we have found out the laminate we used for our LR/DR has been discontinued. We have looked for similar colour but cannot find anything (it is a cherry). Would it look stupid if we put another colour of laminate in the bedrooms since all the bedrooms are off the hallway. Should we put tile instead? Or should we try to find a laminate that is quite close to the existing colour of laminate even though it is a different grain- something other than the cherry. Or we have found other cherry laminates, just not the same colour as our LR/DR.
We wanted to stay away from rugs because of the dogs but would go for them as a last resort. Please help! Your input would be appreciated ASAP since we are having a new bed delivered for the master bedroom the end January and would like our floor done before the bed arrives. Thank you.

Sincerely, Karen  

Answer
Dear Karen,
   Since you already have the cherry and cant find the match I would choose a light or dark wood laminate that has some red tones. Sometimes when you try to match something and it isnt the same it looks exactly like that, you tried to match and didnt succeed. Tile is very cold for a bedroom so I would stay away from it. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
rminteriordecor@yahoo.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID