Decorating & Furniture/furnishing new house

I have a brand new house with an open floor plan: 19x22" kitchen with island/bar, in front of that is the living room with windows & French door on right, metal stair rail on left partially divides room with dining area & front door entry on left.  Need to buy new sofa, lowboy, chairs, and blinds and drapes.  Any suggestions on where to go for best price if I find what I want?

Dear Janelle Rickermann,
    What style are you looking for? Do you have piece of art or a rug that you can pull inspiration form? I can help you design the space and provide inexpensive places to purchase furniture from if you like. Send images and more information that you can think of to

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book