Decorating & Furniture/furniture

I bought a beautiful used table that I thought was a dining room table, without chairs.  It seats 8 and was only $300 and in good condition.  I thought I would get chairs in the future, maybe used or unfinished wood.  When I got the table home, I realized that it is actually taller than my dining room table and does not fit any normal dining room chairs!  (It's about 33 inches high.)  Is this what's called a library table?  The legs are curved w/carving on them, so they cannot be cut down.  

How can I find chairs to fit this table?

Dear Amy Lipke,
    I work in a furniture store part time and the popular thing right now are pub tables like this one.
We sell them like crazy. All you need are some 24" seat height chairs and these are really easy to find. Since your table is 33" it might be a little tight. Try the chairs out and if they are to uncomfortable then you might want to hire someone to sand down the bottom of the chairs just a couple of inches. I hope this helps and good luck.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book