Decorating & Furniture/furniture

Question
I bought a beautiful used table that I thought was a dining room table, without chairs.  It seats 8 and was only $300 and in good condition.  I thought I would get chairs in the future, maybe used or unfinished wood.  When I got the table home, I realized that it is actually taller than my dining room table and does not fit any normal dining room chairs!  (It's about 33 inches high.)  Is this what's called a library table?  The legs are curved w/carving on them, so they cannot be cut down.  

How can I find chairs to fit this table?

Answer
Dear Amy Lipke,
    I work in a furniture store part time and the popular thing right now are pub tables like this one.
http://www.kitchenkaboodle.com/imagepage.cfm?imagesku=3120-209
We sell them like crazy. All you need are some 24" seat height chairs and these are really easy to find. Since your table is 33" it might be a little tight. Try the chairs out and if they are to uncomfortable then you might want to hire someone to sand down the bottom of the chairs just a couple of inches. I hope this helps and good luck.

Rachel Mallon
http://www.rmdesignco.com
rminteriordecor@yahoo.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID