Decorating & Furniture/furniture

Question
what points would you cosider when choosing a sofa for a living room to go with an existing scheme/2 chairs?

Answer
Thanks for the question.  When purchasing a high ticket item like a sofa, I always recommend going with a neutral color and fabric.  Regardless of the existing theme of the space, the couch can have throw pillows added to it to incorporate the theme.  My other recommendation is to consider the "use" for the furniture before deciding on style.  If you plan to entertain in that space, and seating is an important factor, you may consider a sectional sofa OR a sofa and love seat combination.  I'd advise that you NOT try to match 2 existing chairs, but rather coordinate the couch fabric and style with what you already have.

Neutral doesn't mean beige or white, but it does mean avoiding large prints, flowers, stripes etc.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik