Decorating & Furniture/furniture color

Question
We have just painted, purchased tables, and new carpet.  The walls are a golden beige with white trim, the tables are a dark brown/merlot color, and the carpet is a dark navy blue.  In addition, we have honey pine wood blinds.  What color of couches/chairs do you recommend?  Also, I want to put up a semi shears to frame the blinds/window.  Would you recommend white or dark brown semi shears?

Answer
For future reference, I always suggest buying your furniture first so you can make sure your paint colors really blend well with wall and carpet color.  But since you have already purchased and added the "surround" colors, tell me more.

Tell me more about the things you love. What is the look you are trying to achieve?  How much natural light comes into the room?  How do you use the space?  How large is your family?  Do you have any colors you love or hate?  Do you have a favorite piece of artwork that will go into the room?  Also, how many pieces of furniture are you buying?  Sofa, loveseat, chair? All the answers will factor into the decision of colors to bring into the room.  

By the way, cream sheers with a golden cast to blend with wall color will defintely be the way to go.

I look forward to more info so I can help you.

Happy Decorating from "The Queen of Decorating"
JoAnne Lenart-Weary
www.onedaydecorating.com  

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary