Decorating & Furniture/furniture color

Question
Hi, I'm in the process of ordering some furniture- a full sleeper sofa and a chair and a half single sleeper for our living room/ playroom.  I'm having a really hard time choosing colors.  We are military and therefore move frequently and I don't always know what I will have to coordinate with in our new places.  I already have the style of the furniture picked out and the fabric type- two types of very hard-wearing and easy to clean microfibers.  We have two small, messy boys and my two step-daughters will be sleeping on the sleepers when they visit.  My husband basically chose the color of the sofa- it's called a latte and has a cobblestone pattern- a brownish tan.  I'm  having a hard time choosing the color of the chair.  I know the fabric- it's a velvet and cleans so well and it's so nice and soft-I want to use the chair and a half to snuggle up and read with my boys.  I really liked a lichen color- goldish green but I'm afraid that it will lock me in too much.  I was also looking at a coffee color (which actually is fairly close to the latte color but is a different texture entirely).  We also have two wood and leather recliners.  The wood is a dark oak and the leather is a deep, rich brown.  There is also a large tan/wheat colored sofa (This is in a kind of "open" two room arrangement).  There are some other neutral color choices so I'm open to hearing other ideas.  I love color but want to be able to use my furniture easily in different places. I will also be painting this large room. It's fairly dark so I want a warm but light color and I'm holding off until I know the fabric colors- so if you have a paint color to suggest as well!  Thanks so much for reading all this and for any advice :)

Answer
I would go with the coffee color for the chair. Since you are keeping it neutral with the furniture than you should probably go with color on the walls. I personally like the color sage green with neutral colors but it depends on how you want the space to feel. Are there any colors in the decor or colors that you prefer?

Rachel Mallon
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID