Decorating & Furniture/furniture colour

I have just bought a lovely dark red sofa the two smaller chairs are red/gold pattern material... what color should i paint the wall..what type of rug should i put. what color fire hearth should i buy?
thank you

Thanks for your question.  If you prefer that things "match" rather than "coordinate" then use a paler version of the gold that's in the red/gold patterned fabric for your wall color.  Fire hearth -- black.  Rug - a combination of all the colors in the room.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology