Decorating & Furniture/furniture drapes and wall color?

I just bought a new house and i am redecorationg the whole house to a contemporary look, i have put white tile with black marble borders and painted the house a light grayish tone. i bought an L style modern sofa and a red love seat now i dont like it that much how it is turning out. I was planning in getting silver drapery  but it looks life less so far with the walls color and adding more grayish tones to the house wouldnt help much I think .i want something conservatiive but modern at the same time i need ideas on the wall color maybe or  the drapery to give more life to the house and helping it getting out from that tetric look.

Thanks for writing.

I like the idea of the grey walls, so I would stick with those. As far as the window teatments, you may want to try a white fabric. Hang it about a foot above the window on a thick rod and let it fall to the floor in a straight paneled look on each side of the window. If not white, you may want to bring in the red from your love seat. Red is a great great color to bring in as an accent in a contemporary setting (expecially with the grey walls) If you decide on a white treatment, then I would suggest bringing in red in at least two more areas in the room wheather it be in accessories, pillows, or pictures. Not a lot is needed, just enough to give consistancy to the space.

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate