Decorating & Furniture/furniture help

Question
Hello I am considering buying some leather furniture to put either in my den (which is currently unfurnished,it only has a computer desk in it) or my living room, which is a bit overcrowded thanks to my husband wanting so badly to put a second T.V in the house. The living room has a 3-seater as well as a two seater soda along with a large upright piano,a table, 2 end tables and a small sofa chair. The size of the room is 10' X 17'(not exactly huge).My husband wants to buy two, 3-seater sofas to put in the living room because they are on promotion now at our local furniture store. For each 3-seater you buy, you get a nice leather single seat recliner free.There is no promotion for buying a two-seater. Do you think a living room of this size would look nice with two 3-seaters instead of the traditional one 3-seater and one 2-seater. And secondly, as for the colour, it is a toss-up between light beige and black. We plan to remodel the house in a couple of years, replacing the current teal-coloured carpet in the living room with hardwood floors in the living room and den, and ceramic tile in the entranceway,kitchen and bathroom. Our walls are currently white and we have parquetry flooring in the den.What colour sofas do you think would be more appropriate in this situation? Thanks for your time.

Answer
Dear Carol,  
  Are you sure your room is 10' X 17'? Sounds like you already have alot in the living room. I would stay with one 3 seater and one 2 seater. I would add more furniture to the den. I would choose  black leather. I prefer natural dark redish brown mostly though. You can send images and more information to rminteriordecor@yahoo.com for further assistance.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
http://rmdecor.tripod.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID