Decorating & Furniture/furniture matching carpet

Question

my husband and I are soon going to move into a 2 bedroom apartment. we will also be purchasing new furniture for this place. we're having a hard time deciding what color furniture to buy because the carpet in the apartment is light grey in color. for the bedroom, i've fallen in love with this cherry color furniture - do you think it will go with the carpet? also for the living room, we were thinking of black sofas. do you have any better suggestions

thanks

Answer
Hello,
Cherry furniture would look well with the light grey carpet, but here's my advice:  buy what you love!  Do not base your decisions on the carpet color.  Once you leave the apartment, you'll have furniture to enjoy and value.  The carpet will be gone bye-bye!  :=)

Why not try sofas upholstered in soft chenille, a durable fabric that will be easy to maintain.  Also, you'll have many selections in fabric patterns and colors.

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID