Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement

Question
Ben - Our living room will eventually be 20 x18. I would like to place the furniture off the walls in the middle of the space on an large area rug. My dilemma has always been trying to figure out how you plug lamps in if they are next to your couch/chairs in the middle of the room. Is there a secret I don't know? Do I have to put plugs in my floor?  

Answer
Mary,

Thanks for writing.

Putting plugs in the floor is your best bet. Also, a lot of times furniture is close to at least one wall when pulled out in the middle, so I have been known to run a cord from the closest wall under a piece of furniture and then put a power strip in there and have everything go into it.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell