Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement against wainscoting

I have a dining room with 9' ceilings and a chair rail (with wainscoting below) at 42" high. I am looking at two different sideboards; one is 42"h and the other is about 37"h. Which would you recommend?

Hi Susan

I think that if you can be sure that the 42" one will exactly line up with your wainscoting then that would look really good.

As my mum used to say though "a miss is as good as a mile" so if you can't be sure it will line up exactly, I would go with the other one.

Either way though, I don't think it matters that much so if your prefer one sideboard to the other, I would suggest you go with that.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit