Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement against wainscoting

Question
I have a dining room with 9' ceilings and a chair rail (with wainscoting below) at 42" high. I am looking at two different sideboards; one is 42"h and the other is about 37"h. Which would you recommend?

Answer
Hi Susan

I think that if you can be sure that the 42" one will exactly line up with your wainscoting then that would look really good.

As my mum used to say though "a miss is as good as a mile" so if you can't be sure it will line up exactly, I would go with the other one.

Either way though, I don't think it matters that much so if your prefer one sideboard to the other, I would suggest you go with that.

Kind regards

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston