Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement in long and narrow room

My livingroom is 10x21 with a pocket door to the kitchen, a door opening into the living room from the hall, and an exterior door opening into the room.  The outside wall has 6'x5' window and no real focal point.  I have a loveseat, sofa, and recliner on order all in the same fabric.  How can I fit all of this into the room with tables and an entertainment center?

Since you've already ordered your furniture, you will need to physically work with it in the room.  Without dimensions for these it's impossible to lay it out.  Work with the length of the room, putting your longest furniture piece lengthwise and work from there.  You may be able to create an "L" with the love seat at a 90 degree angle to the couch, then put the recliner on the opposite end.  As for the entertainment center?  It will most likely have to go on an end wall.

Good luck,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology