Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement in long and narrow room

Question
Jenny,

My livingroom is 10x21 with a pocket door to the kitchen, a door opening into the living room from the hall, and an exterior door opening into the room.  The outside wall has 6'x5' window and no real focal point.  I have a loveseat, sofa, and recliner on order all in the same fabric.  How can I fit all of this into the room with tables and an entertainment center?

Answer
Since you've already ordered your furniture, you will need to physically work with it in the room.  Without dimensions for these it's impossible to lay it out.  Work with the length of the room, putting your longest furniture piece lengthwise and work from there.  You may be able to create an "L" with the love seat at a 90 degree angle to the couch, then put the recliner on the opposite end.  As for the entertainment center?  It will most likely have to go on an end wall.

Good luck,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik