Decorating & Furniture/furniture and wall color

My sister just moved into a condo and we have a big decision to make how correlate color of the walls with light bamboo flooring and orange leather furniture. The furniture is not bright orange, very calm orange maybe mix of 99orange and 1 rown. She is single mom and I really want to make her happy...TX  

Thanks for the question.  I'd opt to be on the safe side here, and find a wall color as close to the bamboo flooring as possible.  It may be a taupe or a khaki, but either of those colors would work.  What happens as a result is that the floor and the wall colors are "monochromatic" which makes the eye flow to the furniture rather than the walls or the flooring.  The eye always goes to color.  Keep the trim moldings white, and add some other vivid color (a green perhaps) in accessories for the space.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology