Decorating & Furniture/furniture and wall color

Question
My sister just moved into a condo and we have a big decision to make how correlate color of the walls with light bamboo flooring and orange leather furniture. The furniture is not bright orange, very calm orange maybe mix of 99orange and 1 rown. She is single mom and I really want to make her happy...TX  

Answer
Thanks for the question.  I'd opt to be on the safe side here, and find a wall color as close to the bamboo flooring as possible.  It may be a taupe or a khaki, but either of those colors would work.  What happens as a result is that the floor and the wall colors are "monochromatic" which makes the eye flow to the furniture rather than the walls or the flooring.  The eye always goes to color.  Keep the trim moldings white, and add some other vivid color (a green perhaps) in accessories for the space.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik