Decorating & Furniture/game room

Question
My husband and I are remodeling a 20*20ft room.  It will basically be a billiard room.  We have chosen a cherry pergo flooring called Santos Cherry.  However, we are having a really tough time picking out a color for the walls.  We were thinking maybe a darker color on the bottom half of the walls with a chair rail and a lighter color on the top half of the walls.  But, we have no idea which color to choose.  Any suggestions?  Please help.  

Answer
Since this is a billiard room, you probably want to stay in the jewel tone/darker shades.  If you already have your billiard table, take your color cues from the color of the top.  Many are jade green - some are blue - some red.  If you haven't yet purchased the table, shop for it and decide before you start with colors.  

Otherwise, you need to select a color or colors that you and your spouse love.  You can certainly use wainscotting/chair rail in the room, but I tend to prefer that in rooms with very tall ceilings.  I'd probably opt for painting the walls one color, adding texture later with racks for billiard cue sticks etc.  

Look at the dark greens, navy blues and rich burgandies.  You can incorporate the floor color through the racks and framed objects.

Jenny

PS:  Although these colors sound dark, they are conducive to highlighting the table.  Add a big direct light over the billiard table too -- it's a must.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik