Decorating & Furniture/great room with dark brown with gold buttons sofa set

I love the french country look and the color light muted colors but i don't know if i can go with that style with brown leather furniture.  The great room is large but there is a fireplace in the center of the room breaking the room into two seperated rooms.  The floors are a natural color hard wood.  I am just boggled as to how i can use rustic floral patterns in pillows, rugs, lamps, and accessories.  Also, I want do window treatments also, but I don't have a clue as to what to put up to tie the room together.  Please help  

Let the brown leather furniture be, and make everything else in the space french country colors and french country style.  You can recreate the leather furniture by adding a light muted color throw and to it as well as some pillows to match.  

Start by selecting the colors (say 3) that you really want to have in the room (in addition to the brown) and repeat those colors over and over in the two adjoining spaces.  Draperies or curtains, rugs, pillows etc. should all encompass these three colors.  By doing so, the rooms will be tied together.

Hope this helps you.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology