Decorating & Furniture/my green metal room

I just bought a house and I am so excited!  BUT, it has a lime green metal roof.  Its currently painted white with matching trim, which is sort of cute, but also sort of ugly.  I just have no idea how to go about picking colors that will tone down the roof.  Especially since its a single story house and the roof is extremely prominent in the architecture.  Is there any hope?

Paint the roof.  Metal or not, it can and should be painted.  If you're unhappy now, you'll never be happy with it.  

The reason the house is painted white is because there really isn't another color that would work with the roof.  

Invest in a good paint job - cleaned, primed and painted.  You'll be happy with that decision for years to come.

Regards, Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology