Decorating & Furniture/front hall

"Good Afternoon!

I have an entryway into my condo where Id like to hang coats, purses, etc.  I do not have a front closet to hang coats in.  Rather than the run of the mill wall coat rack, Id like to use decorative coat hooks in some sort of an artistic fashion.  Im including a link where I found some cast iron hooks that I really like, but
need assistance determining how many I might want to use, which ones work well together, and how to place them on the wall.  The Width of the wall is 38 from the door wall to the opening of the next room and about 14 from the door. The wall is not visable from the other room but is right when you walk in the door thus I want something that is functional and has some appeal.
I really do not care for the colonial hooks  

You need to do your own layout, but here's some guidance.  Use an odd number; 3, 5, 7... and use your floor as a "layout" canvas.  Just as you would arrange a grouping of pictures before hanging them, arrange your hooks on the floor in different configurations.  Once you've found the one you're most pleased with, translate that to the wall.  For best results, mark off the same sized area on your floor as the wallspace you want to use, AND keep in mind the specific "use" you want for the hooks so they're hung at appropriate heights.  

Best of luck.  It's a fun project, and a great idea!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology