Decorating & Furniture/hallway runner

Question
Beginning
Beginning  
I would like to lay a carpet runner in my long hallway to cut down on echo noise, but I don't know where it should start and end because of the L-shape.  Advice?  Maybe a rug at the end instead?  Thanks

Answer
Hi Marlie,
I understand the dilemma that you would be facing because of the L Shape of the hallway. There are two things that can be done in these conditions. One would be that you start carpeting from the start of the hallway and to the end i.e. the entire L Shape. Another which I would suggest you is that you carpet the area that is well visible in the above pic ( The straight path ).The Point where the L-Turn starts you can place 2 flower pots on either side. Or you can place a mirror on the wall adjacent to it Or as you said you may place a rug there, any would do.

I hope the above information could be of some help to you.

Take Care

Sarthak  

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria