Decorating & Furniture/hardwood floors with hardwood cabinets

I have light to med strip oak floors in entrance , with beige carpet on both sides in den and LR?
The kitchen is open to the FR (which has beige carpet) the kitchen is a brown laminate  flooring...nice but I had wanted to continue with the oak flooring from the entrance into the kitchen. It is a really, really big kitchen with a huge center island with glass doors facing out and with solid oak doors on other side.The wall cabinetry is also oak... My dilemma is my kitchen cabinetry is also light -med oak. I am afraid the the oak flooring next to all the oak cabinetry especially the center island , will look weird like too much ..a wash of oak so to speak..won't be able to distinguish floor from cabinets....any views.. ....thanks..PS I do not want to change the cabinetry ..also we will be selling in ayear or so and our agent feels the upgraded flooring would be better...  

I would upgrade the floors to match what you have in the entry.  With cabinetry and flooring the same (or close to the same) you add visual space, and even though your kitchen is "large" I've never seen a prospective home buyer complain that the kitchen was just "too big".  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology