Decorating & Furniture/help with living room decoration

hi,i need help with my living room,the walls are painted white and chairs are black leather,the rugs are deep blue and the curtain is a lighter shade of blue but i really need to liven up the place so i need ur help.i also need a cushion for the chairs so i would appreciate it if you can tell me how to begin and what colors i should choose for the cushion as well as the curtain since i intend to change the favorite colors are blue,white and brown

If you can paint the walls, paint them a nice neutral taupe.  My favorite is Toasty Grey by Glidden, and it's available at Home Depot. Then add yellow.

The draperies should incorporate all the colors in the room, so they need to have a touch of black, lots of blue and white.  Then if we add in a warm yellow for the cushions, the fabric should have warm yellow in it as well.  

You may want to purchase a yellow throw for the couch, some yellow pillows (to put on the couch) and the chair cushions from the same place, so that all the yellows match.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology