Decorating & Furniture/help!!!

Hi there, what i need it an opinion from someone who trusts their own judgement. I have a brand new town house, i want it looking fabulously modern but with minimal furniture, due to budget and the fact that i dont like clutter. My carpet is dark grey-charcoal, walls are light grey with medium great feature wall, tiles in kitchen and poder room are a dullish green which complements grey fabulously! I am struggling terribly to decide what colour couches to use and whether or not to have the same couch and same colour in different rooms or not!! My idea thus far has been to have a rich maroon colour and/or a green colour for my couches. i just cant imagine what would look fabulous! The couches in our price range only come in 4 colours and the only one that we like is a cream colour... do you think this would work??? How could we use minimal decoration to put a real blast in the room? I want people to tell me they "absolutely love what ive done with the place".

Thanks for writing.  If you're looking for "WOW", consider the couches in cream and add a red chair.  It should not be oversized, it just needs to be clean, smart and RED.  Add to that some very sleek black tables (or even chocolate brown will work here).  Then pull in a touch of the green (from the powder room color) in the way of tall sticks (in a glass vase) or use white calla lillies (silk of course) and let their glorious green stems add the touch of green you'll need to pull it all together.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology