Decorating & Furniture/hi

Hi Im a college student female from Long beach. I stay in the dorms and the room is so dead that i hate being in there and having guest.  Ive been in other peoples dorms but theres are set up different thier furniture is set up different and plus thier decorations look better.  Ive tried ideas ut they didnt really work.  The furniture set up is so boring.  All we have is a wall.  I wanted to know if you knew of any cool rugs or shelf fillers posters, flowers decorations anything.  P.s Im tring to keep my room purple but if you have any recommendations im willing to take them.

Dear ET,
  If you like purple then go with that as a starting point. Find something you love that is purple and use that for the inspiration for the rest of the room. It can be either a rug, fabric, artwork, and many other things. Look for things that have other colors in it and carry a certain style to it. Keep with decor that has a similar style and color and the room will eventually look pulled together. Here are some websites I like that have some great purple decor.
Great shelving
Om Symbol Satin Box

If you would like me to design your room around something that you have found then please let me know.  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book