Decorating & Furniture/My home is decorated in traditional...

My home is decorated in traditional decor with some modern flair.  I want to purchase some artwork for my living room which has Persian rugs and traditional furniture.  I like the American Folk Art period, especially a painting called "The Girl with the Red Dress and a Cat and Dog".  Would this go with my decor or should I stick to more Impresionist artwork?

Thanks for writing and for your question.  I'm most happy to tell you that your art will be fine in your room.  Art is like any decor piece; if you love it, it will work. So many people try to "match" art via color or style and hang pieces they don't even care for just so they "match".  That's not the way to develop your own style and comfort in a room.

Use it and enjoy it.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology