Decorating & Furniture/our home theatre

Question
hi,

we just did a nice job on our home theatre.  we hung burgundy and gold curtains on the walls to give it a cinema look, bought new furniture, hung some neat movie posters up, hung track lighting up for highlights, and other stuff.

there is something i'm looking for but can't find it.  or maybe you can suggest an alternative idea.

i'm looking for busts of famous old actors like charlie chaplin or laurel and hardy.  i want to put them on the floor next to the furniture because they have spot lights on the floor and i think this would be a funky, unique thing to put on the floor. i've looked far and wide on the net for them and can't find them.  if i can't them, can you suggest perhaps another unique funky thing to put on the floor under a spot light?

keep in mind that we already have a huge terra cotta pot with handles that holds peacock feathers, so that idea has already been done  ;-)

thanks.  mike w.

Answer
Mike,

I've never really seen busts done of actors, although that would be a nice addition to your room.  What you may consider is creating a similar effect by backing a photograph - enlarged to the size you want - with artist's foam core.  (Spray adhesive is used to apply paper surfaces to the foam core, and foam core can be cut very easily with a straight edge.  Make an "easel" back with the scraps of foam core and you have a "standup" of your favorite photo.

Thanks for writing.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik