Decorating & Furniture/im mad on brown

please please advice me.. i love the look and the feel of browns.. i have 3 small children and want an idea on what i should do.. ive painted 3 walls chocolate colour and have a beach wood rail around the middle of the room.. which wall should i paint cream? the wall at the far end? i dont want the room to look to dark as it dosent get much light in the daytime..also what colours go with browns? should i paint the raidiators the same colour of the netural wall? help...!!!

If you're planning to use cream, you are going to have a very shocking disparity between the walls.  If that's ok with you, then use the cream colored wall as the room's focal point.  

Colors that work well with brown:  pale icy blue, golden yellow, celery, pink and whites.

As for your radiator, paint it the same color as the wall it sits in front of to visually make it disappear.  Be careful however.  The paint must be approved for heat surfaces, otherwise don't paint it at all.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology