Decorating & Furniture/interior decor

could u please tell about metal sheeting in kitchen and living room for a modern look  .i want to use metal for modrenize my give a perfect modren look.could u please tell me about the advantages and dis advantages.of metal sheeting or cladding.and is it a good idea to use it or not?
i would be very thank ful to u

Hello Sam,
Metal sheeting has become popular in recent years above all in the kitchen. It is a versatile material that can be used on worktops as well as on the wall. I can start with saying that there are at least no obvious reasons why you should not use it. It is more a matter of personal taste.

To help you with your decision whether to use it or not I have listed some pros and cons with metal sheeting as I see it.

Some pros with metal sheeting are:
- It is a very durable material that can take the wear and tare of many years of use.
- It also is heat resistant and you do not have to worry about warm saucepans etc.
- Metal sheeting is very hygienic. There are just a few joints between surfaces and thus it is less risk for grease to stick and it is easier to clean.
- It is very modern and trendy can be fun if you feel like being very modern.

Well, there are some cons to:
- On a metal surface every fingerprint or dot of grease will be very visible. In other words - A lot of polishing.
- The surface changes over time. If you have brushed steel for example you will have to be careful when cleaning it so you do not destroy the brushed finish. A shiny spot on a brushed surface is not attractive.
- The price metal sheeting is often rather expensive.

Best of luck!

Decorating & Furniture

Linn Arvidsson

Do you want to know how you can green your every day life without giving up style or quality? I can help you with your questions. I will answer any questions you might have on how to make your home healthier and more ecologically sound. It may range from how houseplants can clean indoor air to natural materials in furniture and fabrics; from window sill gardening to natural air fresheners. I do not claim to have all the answers right away, but I do know where to find them.

Experience in the area
University degree in environmental issues. Eight years of professional experience as an environmental coordinator and adviser.