Decorating & Furniture/interior decorating

Question
hi
i have just moved in,renting a one-bedroom,furnished apartment that has magnolia walls throughout.i will probably live here for 2-3 years and i am not allowed to decorate,but i want to make the place feel more like home. so could u please tell me that how can i use soft furnishing to create a style in the bed room and the sitting room with dining area.please help me out .i really need some ones advice.i would be very thankful to u.
take care
love ...
sameera

Answer
If you are in an apartment the only thing you can do is buy furnishings that will last you over time with each move you make. You should look at magazines, with articles on apartment living, that may give you some ideas. When I lived in apartments, I just made them as nice as I could, but didn't go all out buying things that would work in the apartment and not in another home. You are in a transition period, so look thru magazines and in catalogs. You can do alot with sheets, making slipcovers, etc, and tablecovers for those round side tables. Have fun and good luck.  

Decorating & Furniture

Karen Timpone-Hockley