Decorating & Furniture/interior decorating

Question
hi
i have just moved in,renting a one-bedroom,furnished apartment that has magnolia walls throughout.i will probably live here for 2-3 years and i am not allowed to decorate,but i want to make the place feel more like home. so could u please tell me that how can i use soft furnishing to create a style in the bed room and the sitting room with dining area.please help me out .i really need some ones advice.i would be very thankful to u.
take care
love ...
sameera

Answer
Sameera,

Thanks for your question.  I always recommend the same thing to people who are leasing/renting and cannot change the color of their walls: work with what you have.  If you have magnolias everywhere, then pull color(s) from that print and use them as solids in your rooms.  For instance, a magnolia blossom is white/off-white.  Use that solid color for your bed linens, bed skirt etc.  You have enough pattern and movement in the room with the magnolia print.  

In another area, you may want to pull the green from the stem and use it as your decorating color for that room.

Hope this helps.  All we can ever do is work with what we have, making it the best and the most pleasing it can be.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik