Decorating & Furniture/interior paint color

I have a home that was built circa 1963.  The interior has wood floors and trim that has turned a darker shade with a touch of yellow to the sealer.  The living room has very little natural light.  It also contains a brick fireplace.  I love the brick and the color of the wood trim, but am looking for a paint color to make the room appear larger and warmer and lighter. My furniture is done in jewel tones.  I really like colors with yellow undertones.  Any suggestions on a paint color would help greatly!!

Why not use a golden yellow.  Take a look at Glidden's gold tones (at Home Depot) particularly, Dessert Camel.  You can't go wrong with a medium gold for the room.  It will certainly make the room feel cozier and lighter.  Keep your wall color in a medium shade of whatever color you select.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology