Decorating & Furniture/interior wall color

Question
Hello!  What a great site.
I want to add color to my walls but I need to make the right choice the first time as I have to depend on others to provide labor.
My Great Room is 18 x 20 with 1/2 wall seperating it from 12 x 13 formal dining room. Both have cathedral ceilings.
Sofa is a dark moss green with very small burgundy line running thru it.  Wing back Chippendale recliners are leather (color-Oxblood)
Throw Pillows are a vintage fabric w/gold fringe, red/burgundy background w/grapes (blue) & mustard colored flowers & alot of green shades. I have lots of black wrought iron & glass in the room.  Very large entertainment Center is stained a red oak.  There is also a small fruitwood french provincial desk & a rattan rocker.  Carpet color is called fawn (dark beige)& woodwork is white.
I also have several architectural pcs. on my walls such as ceiling tins, an old window & many tole painted trays.
Dining room has a rug with these burgundy/green/beige/mustard colors over an oak pergo floor.  I would like to paint the DINING ROOM a deep red or burgundy but am not sure of that either.
Thanks, Sandy  

Answer

Sandy,  

Select one of the greens from your fabrics and use that for your wall color.  Opt for a medium shade rather than a light one so that you can use the deeper red or burgandy in the dining room.  I'd probably lean toward burgandy and moss green.

Good luck on your project.  Your rooms will be stunning.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik